This license entitles pilots to teach other individuals to fly an aircraft and become private or commercial pilots. CFI’s serve to enhance and evaluate the skill level and proficiency of aviators in pursuit of a higher pilot license, certificate or rating. (also known as a performance flight review).
Flight Instructor ratings come in three categories:
- CFI: entitles an instructor to give training, endorsements and perform flight reviews.
- CFII: entitles an Instructor to give training and endorsements for an Instrument rating.
- MEI: authorizes a CFI to provide training, instruction and endorsement for a Multi-engine rating.
- Hold a valid commercial Pilot’s license
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English
- Must hold at least a current second-class medical certificate.
- Attend an IAA Entrance interview
- High school Diploma or GED.
|FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR COURSE RATES||Pricing|
10 hours flight training in aircraft
Plane ($145) + Instructor ($85) = $230/HR
|90 hours ground instruction @ $85||$7,650|
|Written exams (2)||$330|
|Related books and materials||$300|
|Final Exam Fees (FAA)||$800|