IAA Job Listings
Join our Staff as an Instructor!
Due to the dynamic nature of the aviation industry, we are constantly in a revolving hiring station as our Instructors grow in experience and move on to the airlines and regional carriers. As such, IAA is constantly taking in resumes of interested candidates, whom we then train and upon satisfactory completion of our indoctrination are hired. Preference for positions primarily goes to our own CFI academy graduates so we encourage those that have not yet attained their CFI, to enroll in our academy.
Receptionist/Dispatcher Full time
Position: Receptionist/Dispatcher- Full time
Department(s): Front Office
Reports to: General Manager
Compensation: $10-15/hr (based on experience) and Group Health Insurance benefits.
We are looking for an energetic full time Receptionist, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm to join our happy family of aviation enthusiasts. IAA is a customer service focused company and would like to have a charismatic, personable, multi-tasking team player with the ability to prioritize tasks in the daily operations of our front office. Basic Microsoft office skills (word, excel, outlook) are required and a basic knowledge of QuickBooks would be desired, however we will train the right individual. We admire, above all else, a good work ethic, positive attitude, honesty and reliability. We are a fun loving, hardworking team and encourage like-minded candidates to apply.
Summary of Essential job functions
- Aircraft Dispatch and record maintenance through Schedule Pointe.
- Answer Phones and provide necessary information to clients.
- Billing and invoicing of client accounts using QuickBooks.
- Track and record store Inventory as needed.
- Exam Proctoring (we will train!)
- Minor cleaning of front office and great coffee making skills (We love our coffe and hope you do too!)
Don't know what dispatch and scheduling entails? No worries! We will train the right candidate. Just forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirement to:
and we will contact candidates to set up a time for an interview. IAA is an equal opportunity employer. Apply today!
Reports to Owner/President
The Marketing Director will support Illinois Aviation Academy’s overall revenue goals by developing a compelling brand strategy, including visual and print identity, and a messaging strategy to bring the brand strategy to life by creating marketing initiatives and executing marketing plans. The day-to-day responsibility of the Marketing Director will include brand management, marketing planning, and marketing execution, overseeing client services, publicity and public relations, advertising and media planning, events planning, merchandising and social media activities. The Marketing Director will be responsible for understanding and tracking the “voice of the customer” through various customer insight techniques and initiatives (e.g., customer research, data analysis, segmentation, targeting, customer loyalty programs, and promotions). The position will have budgetary responsibility.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
-Identify target audiences, develop relevant value propositions and strategic messaging.
-Define a strategic brand vision (e.g. brand image, personality, attributes)
-Develop marketing plans to build the brand through multiple customer touchpoints (e.g., marketing collateral, events, advertising, PR)
-Oversee creative development of marketing materials and product integration
-Manage publicity and public relations efforts for the project;
-Serve as primary press contact and spokesperson Oversee and continuously explore new opportunities with social media
-Coordinate and promote a project-wide public arts program with community colleges
-Oversee merchandising design and sales activities
-Primary liaison with community college marketing staff
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years of marketing and/or brand management experience, with a preference for those with some experience in aviation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, preferably with a focus on marketing, communications, public relations or a related discipline
- Advanced decision-making and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to disaggregate problems, identify and question assumptions, and analyze issues from various perspectives to support effective decision-making
- Meticulous attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment where competing priorities are customary and deadlines shift frequently
- Demonstrated proficiency in various marketing and design programs